Action Blocks are an SMB styled toggle switch. They should be placed on an empty tile, and are activated by striking them from below, much like a Coin Block. They will still activate if placed over a block, but the block can be seen underneath when struck. The blue and orange states indicate off and on, respectively.
- They did not appear in the original game.
- They make no noise when struck, unlike a normal block.
- They can be activated by any enemy that collides with them, as well as Bowser.
- Despite which, they will not activate if a shell hits them from the side, unlike regular Coinblocks.
- They are technically considered I/O Objects, and will appear under that tab.